Wednesday 16 February 2011

Pinhole digital slr Attempt one

These are my first very crude attempts at making my Nikon D70s into a pinhole camera, as you can see the results aren't a clear image, but I do think that they have a certain charm about them. The process I went though to produce these was incredible simple, firstly taking a body cap and putting a hole through it, I used a soldering iron as this created a nice smooth finish to the hole. Then simply gave it a quick rub with some sand paper to try n take the shine off the inside of the cap, to reduce light reflecting around. 

Below is a self portrait I left the shutter open for only a few second but positioned myself beside a well light window, bathed in sunlight. I very much like that it is clearly a human in the shot but that you cant see that it is me or indeed any of the defining features.

These two images are of Keighley bus station, which at the time was full of blue and green buses all lined up.



Part of the town hall roof.


Car park clock above Reids bookshop.

These last four are the bar lights at the Cricketers Arms




The s problem with focusing is a very simple one, its the fact that the hole is so large. The next step for me to take is to use thin metal and a pin to create a very small, strong and crisp hole, which can then be mounted in the back of the body cap using black insulating tape. obviously lined up with the hole previously created by the soldering iron.

No comments:

Post a Comment